Wednesday 15 April 2009

"Onwards and Upwards"...Update From Earlier "Hayley" Blog

Good news!

Hayley has yet to make a decision on her near-term future, following her medical advice, although media work would be an obvious avenue.

"I'm obviously upset and I don't really know what I am going to do yet," she said.

"Hopefully my sponsors can find me lots of things to keep me occupied. I will be able to be back riding at some point but, until then, we'll have to see."

Her agent, Guy Jewell, confirmed that Turner is likely to be preoccupied by media work during her enforced absence. He said: "She is devastated to be signed off for a year but you can't mess around with head injuries. "The best thing is that she is absolutely fine and she will be back.

"You look at the poor lad in Ireland (Matt O'Connor) and even away from racing over the last few months.

"At times you might think you're unlucky, but in the cold light of day you are luckier than you think.

"You would hope with her media skills there might be a few days on the box for her coming up."

We agree...lol x