Wednesday 4 January 2012

Nicky Henderson Winner...As An Owner!


Nicky Henderson is a regular trainer of winners at Huntingdon, but Joseph Lister also allowed him a rare success as an owner in the Epds Consultants "Saving Developers Money" Novices' Hurdle.

Conditional Gary Derwin was in Henderson's white and dark blue silks aboard the even-money favourite, who was second on his first two starts for the yard at Ludlow and Folkestone, with his latter conqueror Ohio Gold following up the next time out.

Derwin needed to chase Joseph Lister along for a brief moment on the back straight but he quickly picked up the bit and drew four and a half lengths clear.

"It's about time I sold him - he'll make a fun chaser for someone but I've been keeping him for my kids to ride," said Henderson, whose daughter Camilla is an aspiring amateur jockey. Gary works for me, and I'm lucky at the moment as I've got some good conditionals in him, Jerry McGrath and David Bass."