Thursday 4 August 2011

Fallon Going For It


Kieren Fallon vowed to "throw everything at it" as he bids to be crowned champion jockey for a seventh time.

Fallon is currently fourth in the championship, behind Silvestre de Sousa, Paul Hanagan and the injured Ryan Moore. The experienced rider is, however, determined to up the ante as the season progresses.

He said: "I've been lazy all year and haven't been taking that many rides, but I think now we've got a couple of months left, I'm going to throw everything at it and see how we go."

Fallon is the only jockey who looks capable of catching De Sousa and Hanagan, with Ryan Moore seemingly out for most, if not all, of the season following a fall at Goodwood on Saturday.

Fallon can empathise with Moore's situation.

"The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was a long way in front and I didn't get back for six months," he told At The Races.

"I don't think Ryan's injuries are as bad as first thought, which is good.