Saturday 26 September 2009

Green Manalishi WINS 6/1>4/1 Then Amy Makes Her Dads Day Even Better...

Amy Ryan on Advanced (33-1) repelled the Frankie Dettori-ridden Axiom to land the totesport.com Challenge Cup (Heritage Handicap) at Ascot.

The 5lb claimer, riding for her father Kevin, kept her mount going strongly all the way to the line to take this cavalry charge over seven furlongs. All 26 runners came towards the far side in search of better ground as Proud Citizen, Capricorn Run and Proclaim took the field along.

Advanced got his nose in front inside the final furlong and although Dettori - a late replacement for Kieren Fallon - tried hard, he was still a neck down at the line. Axiom was a length ahead of Something and Proclaim who dead-heated for third.

The winning jockey said: "Just to ride him is amazing and to win is the best day of my life. I rode him at Doncaster at the beginning of the season and I'm so lucky Dad has kept me on him all year.

"I just wish Dad was here but he's at Haydock and we've had a winner there (my NAP today Green Manalishi 6/1>4/1). I was an amateur when I was 16 before I turned professional to get some experience and I appreciate it so much."