Monday 16 August 2010

Moore OUT!


Champion jockey Ryan Moore has been ruled out of the Ebor meeting at York.

It emerged on Sunday that Moore would miss the opening day of the fixture, but his name was also absent from the declarations for Wednesday's runners.

He had hoped to make an appearance at the showpiece meeting, but agent Tony Hind confirmed the jockey needs more recovery time. Moore injured his wrist when falling having passed the winning line on Rocket Rob in the rippleffect.com at Windsor last Monday.

"I spoke to his partner, Michelle, and she just said to take him off all the horses all week," said Hind.

"That's as far as I have got. I haven't bothered him and I just told her to tell him to ring me when he's ready to come back."

Kieren Fallon steps in to ride the filly Rosika in the totesport Ebor, and also The Fonze in the Racing UK Handicap.

The mount on Ask in the Lonsdale Cup has gone to Olivier Peslier, who replaced Moore on Harbinger in the King George.