Monday 23 August 2010

Sariska? What Next?


Connections of Sariska are still debating their next move after the filly refused to race at York last week.

Last year's dual Classic winner entered the stalls as the 85-40 favourite for the Yorkshire Oaks but planted herself when the gates opened on the Knavesmire, where she had previously won twice.

The four-year-old is "a little quirky" according to trainer Michael Bell, who has not drawn stumps with her yet and is planning to discuss the possibilities with owner Lady Bamford on his return from a trip to the States.

He said: "I'm in America until Monday, so we will be discussing the plan when I get back. The filly is still in training, she has been cantering away and is absolutely fine.

"I spoke to Lady Bamford after the race and it was the intention to run again, but I'll talk to her again when I get back. We'll have to see what the plan is."