Sunday 18 April 2010

Fallons Back!


Kieren Fallon rode at Newbury after escaping serious injury in a paddock incident at the Berkshire track on Friday.

The six-times champion jockey was taken to the Royal Berkshire Hospital after being kicked in the build-up to the Bridget Maiden Fillies' Stakes, but initial fears of a broken leg proved unfounded as precautionary X-rays came back clear.

"I thought it may have been more sore and I didn't think I would ride. I iced it well and went swimming and feel OK now," said Fallon before taking the first of his mounts.

"It was only my second ever injury and I am not used to it. I thought it had to be broken as the pain was unreal, but I was OK after a shot of morphine.

"The X-rays then came back clear and I was fine in the morning and I can move it perfect. If I feel as good at the end of the day as I do now then I will be fine."

Among his six booked rides were Lady Of The Desert in the Dubai Duty Free Stakes and Purple Moon in the John Porter Stakes.

And he returned to winning form as Luca Cumani's 100-30 favourite Forte Dei Marmi skipped away in the Dubai Duty Free Millennium Millionaire Handicap.