Saturday 31 July 2010

I LOVE Hayley


Hayley Turner believes Barshiba has the right credentials to make her presence felt in the Nassau Stakes at Goodwood this afternoon.

She combined with the mare to land the Lancashire Oaks at Haydock last time out and is hoping David Elsworth's charge can improve on last season's fourth in the Group One contest.

"I'm very excited and looking forward to what should be a very good race. She ran well to finish fourth last year on ground that wasn't ideal, although I think it was a weaker race," she said.

"I'm hoping we don't get any rain as she is a much better horse on quicker ground. We are forecast a bit, but I'm hoping it will miss us.

"It's a real hot contest but she's in very good form and really seems to peak at this time of year. She was third behind Harbinger earlier in the year so her form is very good. She's not a no-hoper at all.

"I've had a few rides in Group One races now but it would be great to get one on the board."