Wednesday 28 July 2010

Smarty Fancies His Chances


Bryan Smart is hoping his two runners will be able to show their best form in the Audi King George Stakes at Goodwood on Thursday.

Moorhouse Lad, winner of this race in 2007, and the visored Spin Cycle will be flying the flag for the Hambleton trainer.

"I probably ran Moorhouse Lad too quick (at Sandown) after his trip to France. It was my fault. He seems very well in himself and he likes the track. He's in good order and I'm hoping he will run up to his best ability," said Smart.

"If Spin Cycle repeats the form of his Haydock run (fourth in the Temple Stakes), he won't be far away at all. I think he could have done with a bit of help in Ireland last time. He seems in good form and we're putting a visor on him. I'm hoping that will help him concentrate."