Thursday 22 October 2009

Marking Your Card For Saturday


John Best would like to give his new star Inler another quick run this weekend provided the ground does not deteriorate too much.

The juvenile provided a nice result for his high-staking owner Harry Findlay when he pulled clear on his debut at Newmarket last week, and has bounced out of the race so well he could go in either the Listed racingpostpoker Stakes at Doncaster or the Group Three totescoop6 Stakes (Horris Hill) at Newbury.

Best said: "I am going to talk to Harry Findlay and then make a decision. He has two options and where he would go really depends on the weather at each place."

He added: "We have had quite a lot of rain here (in Kent). He might go on soft ground, we don't know, but I don't want to give him a really hard race at this stage.

"I think if it is good to soft at one of the tracks, he will probably run, as I would like him to have more experience. I think he needs it mentally."